Internet Explorer download.

siouxah1 19:39 03 Dec 2004

Can some kind person remind me how to obtain downloads from Microsoft and save them to disc?

I have ploughed through the past threads and nothing I do seems to work. In fact I am now at the hair pulling stage. There is something I am doing wrong, or is that "not doing something right".

I want to update IE5 to IE6 on a Win 2000 system. The machine is not on the internet yet. (Cannot get it to access through my small network). Although the network part works.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Technotiger 19:49 03 Dec 2004

Hi, rather than download, why not buy a PC Mag which has IE6 on CD then Install from the CD. lol

siouxah1 20:14 03 Dec 2004

Technotiger,

That is a very good point. I will try and do that.

I was under the impression that Microsoft was no longer allowing magazine cover discs to carry their updates etc. For example:- PCA download area only leads to the setup file from MS.

Can you suggest a mag that Carry's such content? Will I find it on the PA Advisor cover disc?

Regards

Technotiger 20:20 03 Dec 2004

Hi again, email me by clicking on my envelope - I will send you a magazine disc with IE6 on it.
Cheers. Well, it is nearly Christmas :-))

don't forget your full address.

siouxah1 20:54 03 Dec 2004

Thanks Technotiger,

Email on it's way. Happy Christmas to you and yours as well.

(Is this the very first mention of Christmas on the Forum?)

Brian j

Technotiger 21:51 03 Dec 2004

CD on it's way in the morning post. Not the first Xmas mention - I beat you to it a day or so ago:-) Lots of other goodies on cd as well.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?