Internet Explorer Content Advisor

deefitzp 17:19 14 May 2006

My problem has come to light since changing ISP from one which provides parental controls based on userid to one which gives me cheaper, faster, less restrictive and always-on ADSL access.

I have a home network configuration with two fixed desktops and a wireless laptop through a ADSL modem/router to the web. I thought (and I should have checked) that the IE Content Advisor facility operated at the Windows XP User (Identity) level. Therefore, I set up a number of IDs, (password protected) and proceeded to restrict my granddaughter’s access to the absolute minimum. I was very surprised to find that this setting was applied globally to every user of the computer. Which makes it unusable for me.

This implementation seems to me to be crazy and, much as I have issues with many aspects of the way Microsoft operates, it is so basic that I must believe that I am doing something wrong. Can anyone out there enlighten me?

Dazza40 19:01 06 Sep 2006

Hi, I've also just found this out. You didn't get any response but did you find anything out re this?

Cheers

Dazza

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?