Internet explorer behaving funny

BlessedMan 11:03 13 Jan 2009

I am having problems with IE 7 since I installed windows live programs, I have uninstalled them, restored advanced setting and reset, deleted temporary files and still have not resolved the problem.

The problem occurs on various sites like yahoo classic mail. When I log in it displays funny, the mail/contacts/calender/notepad tabs are no longer tabs but are listed vertically. All the frames look very different.

Other sites like my online bank account will show a header and footer but the login or entry boxes will not be displayed. Some others will not show anything at all.

Thanks for your suggestions

BlessedMan 11:04 13 Jan 2009

My OS is windows xp

Technotiger 11:08 13 Jan 2009

Try a System Restore back to before this started.

And/Or, run click here in case you have malware.

BlessedMan 11:14 13 Jan 2009

I hope I don't have to do a system restore, I don't think I've got a spyware as I use 2 tools for this and the machine is clear.

Technotiger 11:48 13 Jan 2009

Why are you worried about System Restore??

BlessedMan 12:02 13 Jan 2009

It will lock up my pc for a long time, it could go wrong, and then one would have to rebuild.

BlessedMan 21:18 13 Jan 2009

Hi Technotiger, I bit the bullet and went for the system restore, now the problem is solved. I once had a terrible experience with the vista system restore which is why I will use system restore as a last result.
The problem I am sure had to do with security settings as I could not run flash, no could I install activex control applications

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone