Internet Explorer AutoComplete ?

spuds 11:48 04 Oct 2006

Yesterday, I downloaded a ZoneAlarm update and un-installed Ewido, replacing this with the newly merged AVG replacement. Now I do not no if this as made changes within my system. On start-up this morning many strange things happened, which as never happened before, ie pages and other programmes were trying to download.I managed to sort the problems out, except one, or it would appear so.

One mystery that is occurring at frequent interval, is a on-screen box appears that as something to do with Internet Explorer AutoComplete. As far as I understand, this programme stores reference to typed web pages, for future use.

The question that I wish to raise. I did nothing to implement or activate this programme, but how did it come to light with the regular prompts, and is the programme worth using?.

SANTOS7 11:59 04 Oct 2006

click here
Spy/malware maybe the reason for the sudden popups regarding autocomplete, If you are unsure about other safety aspects of your PC you can always turn it off
the link will help.
click here

spuds 12:49 04 Oct 2006

Thanks SANTOS7 for coming to my rescue once again. Having just done another check, it would appear as though AutoComplete is turned off. Spyware/Adware checks haven't showed any real problems.

Looks like I will need to sit on the fence with this one, for the time being, and see if the gremlin's return!.

Thanks again, will give green tick.

Further suggestions, especially if AutoComplete is a worthwhile addition to daily computer activity, still very welcome though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?