Internet explorer 7, where is the history button

Fred the flour grader 19:59 13 Feb 2007

Hi Guys,

Feel really stupid asking this. I got a laptop for xmas with xp and internet explorer 7, I have used neither up till then. The kids sometimes use the laptop on the net and I like to keep an eye on what they are looking at. I used to use IE6 and this had a big hisory button at the top so I could click that and check but, I can't find it on the new laptop (IE7) can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Regards Fred.

Totally-braindead 20:02 13 Feb 2007

Tools, toolbars and tick history

SANTOS7 20:03 13 Feb 2007

the History button is accessible as a pulldown right next to the Back and Forward buttons.

terryf 20:04 13 Feb 2007

From ie7 help
To find websites you have visited
On the toolbar, click the Favorites Center button .
Click the History button.
Click the day that you visited the website.
In the list of websites that you visited on that day, click the site you want to go to.
You can change the way in which the websites you have visited are displayed. You can sort them by date, site name, most frequently visited, or most recently visited. To do this, click the arrow to the right of the History button, and then choose an option from the list.

Fred the flour grader 20:05 13 Feb 2007

Once again this excellent forum comes to my rescue,
really appreciatted,

Fred.

terryf 20:30 13 Feb 2007

Why it should not have been made obvious to everybody I can't understand, the designer?? of IE7 seems to have hidden things without regard to the user, give me Firefox any day, at least when it gets updated they don't seem to change for change sake.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?