Internet Explorer 7 problem

Totally-braindead 20:39 13 Aug 2007

Sometimes when on the net a box comes up saying something about cannot display this webpage and it will shut down, theres no error message or anything it just says theres a problem and it will shut down. When it does this no matter what you try you cannot get IE to display any page. However if you open another IE or even if you just open a new tab on the original browser it connects perfectly. I had thought that I had some sort of corruption with IE7 but its very intermittant so I can't see it being a problem with corruption.
Anyone any ideas/suggestions?

skidzy 20:51 13 Aug 2007

Try Winaso TB,under advanced tools and repair IE click here regopt version.

Also under Options...use the optimise functions,you should be able to use the default settings with no problems.

I have had the same problem with IE 7 I am sure there will be a update to sort it out! I am using firefox browser for now with NO problems!

sunny staines 20:55 13 Aug 2007

re install flashplayer. it gets corrupted from bad ads and affects 1e6 / ie7 if not reinstalled.
you describe the same problem i had and other readers.

Totally-braindead 21:04 13 Aug 2007

Thanks all I'll give it a try later, I don't like the way firfox blacks out some of the text initially and then adds the white background so I'll stick with IE and try the ideas when I get the chance and see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?