Internet explorer 7 problem

charlton200 18:54 10 Nov 2006

I downloaded the new Internet explorer 7.
One problem I have , is when I click on the icon in the system tray, I get the web page forbidden notice. But if I go back to the desktop item , it will come up OK. Anyone know why the icon in the quick launch/system tray will not launch a web page as it did in ie6

VoG II 18:58 10 Nov 2006

I presume you mean the icon in the quick launch toolbar, next to the Start button. If so, right click it and select Properties. Check that

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

is shown in the Target box.

brundle 18:59 10 Nov 2006

I assume you mean quicklaunch, if the icon is in the system tray it means the program is already running.
Right click the Quicklaunch icon and select Properties - if there is a URL amongst them, that is the website IE cannot access. Delete it, and drag your desktop icon to the quicklaunch bar, select `create new shortcut`

woodchip 19:04 10 Nov 2006

Me thinks that IE7 is still in Beta. They never fully sorted it. You would be better removing it and go back to 6. Until they get it right.It's been released on the Public without any thought to the effects it as on other Software. I.e it clashes

charlton200 19:21 10 Nov 2006

The internet explorer 7 icon in the quick launch toolbar next to the start button doesnt work ,nor does that IE 7 icon on the desktop that were download with Ie7. The only one that works is the tiscali broadband icon on the desktop which i have dragged to the quick launch bar.
I deleted the the writing "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" in the box start in , not sure if i was suppose to do that and deleted the Ie7 icon in the quick launch bar.
Was i suppose to do this
how do i get the Ie icon back in the quick launch bar and do i have to put the "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" writing back in the properties box.

woodchip 19:29 10 Nov 2006

Go to Start\Search type in the box IE7 when you see the IE7.exe file "right click and drag" to quick bar and choose create a shortcut

charlton200 19:41 10 Nov 2006

Done that but cann't see IE7. exe file.

cheers

Eric10 19:46 10 Nov 2006

That's because the file isn't called ie7.exe. This is the path to the file that runs IE7.
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?