internet explorer 7 locks me out of router

@[email protected]!c 10:48 14 Jan 2007

as title.. installed ie 7 tried to log into router,and it will not let me in..correct password and username are used..but denies access..all ok when i try ie 6..the router is a speedtouch 576..any knowledge on this would be great.. if not i will have to revert back to ie 6
:-( kind regards akanic

Taff™ 11:01 14 Jan 2007

If you can get to the router admin/log in page I can`t see why IE7 should be the culprit. You are presumably using a different computer with IE6 installed to log in correctly?

Check that your caps lock is off?

@[email protected]!c 11:07 14 Jan 2007

i have installed ie 7 before and had the same problem,,, but just uninstalled it because i couldnt be bothered to sort it.but as windows update keeps throwing it at me i thought i would install again..as i said it works fine with ie 6 but not 7..if i take 7 off then all is fine..no caps lock on..username and password to router are saved so the exact same password was used so was user name..tried manually adding username and password to the same affect...the culprit to me is ie 7 its just finding out why... over to you lot :-) kind regards akanic

@[email protected]!c 11:08 14 Jan 2007

sorry forgot to answer all questions..using same pc to log in.. just uninstalled and reinstalled on same comp

@[email protected]!c 13:24 14 Jan 2007

^ up

@[email protected]!c 14:12 14 Jan 2007

thanks ßeta for work around .. does this pose a security threat though??

anskyber 14:40 14 Jan 2007

This is another link to the issue click here

@[email protected]!c 14:47 14 Jan 2007

anskyber looked at link and it does pose a slight security risk..lets hope speedtouch offers an update soon ta all regards akanic

Taff™ 17:52 14 Jan 2007

Checked the Speedtouch site but no updates available - follow the previous posts and don`t worry too much about the security risks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires