Internet Explorer 7 - initial access

LimestoneRock 16:05 08 Apr 2009

I'm running IE7 on 2 desktops and one laptop linked wirelessly. Whenever I used to "log" into IE7 with my main PC, it went through the motions but would not open the page and then came out with a message like Internet Explorer unavailable. I would then Ctrl, Alt & Delete and in Windows Task Manager would End Task for IE7 and exit. Then when I went into IE7 afterwards it would log in straightaway to my homepage. It always happened on my main PC and only sometimes on the other two. I tried changing to IE8 to see if this cured the problem but there was no success. I regularly run utility programs to clear out the machines.
I have just changed over from Virgin Cable to TalkTalk and I still have the problem - if anything it is worse in that it happens all the time on all 3 computers but I always get on at second attempt after Ending Task initially in Task Manager.
Can anyone give any advice - it gets frustrating always having to have two attempts at getting on the internet.

oldbeefer2 19:03 08 Apr 2009

From personal experience, I would suggest you download Firefox. I find it far better than any version of IE.

LimestoneRock 12:47 09 Apr 2009

Thank you oldbeefer2 - I am trying Firefox on the laptop and so far all OK. I am impressed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?