Internet Explorer 7

seibar 12:22 04 Jan 2009

Hi, please help.
I use windows XP and Internet Explorer7. When I search the internet all Sponsored links opens in chinese or a diferent language. The rest are ok only the Sponsored links.
Any ideas how to fix this?
Many thanks
Tony

johndrew 12:48 04 Jan 2009

Have a look at this click here.

If it doesn`t solve the problem, post back.

seibar 13:35 04 Jan 2009

Hi John, thank you very much for your reply, but still the same. The language is set to Inglish. The problem is only the Sponsored links opens in a very strange language, the rest is ok.
Thanks again
Tony

johndrew 15:30 04 Jan 2009

Sorry I misunderstood your original post.

Links are separate pages and will open in the language they are written in. In Firefox there is the facility to translate; I`m not sure if this is so in IE even as an add on.

If the sponsored links are written in Cyrillic or Chinese script they will appear as that, or as near as IE can make it. If they are, say, German or French they may appear in the language of the country. It is also possible for any of the mentioned possibilities to appear in English if this is the language used to write the content. You would need to look at the URL to determine the origin of the site assuming it wasn`t simply .com/.net/.org as many are.

seibar 16:38 04 Jan 2009

Hi John, thank you ever so much for your reply, but no, all Sponsored links open in a strange language,I can only discribe it as like, when you searching the internet, the first few sites (Sponsored links) all open in chinese or japenese writing. I have checked the language and it is set in english. For some reason only the Sponsored links open like that, regarding where they are from or language.
Sorry about that, i do apriciate you effort.
Thanks again
Tony

seibar 22:05 13 Jan 2009

Hi, please help.
I use windows XP and Internet Explorer7. When I search the internet all Sponsored links opens in chinese or a diferent language. The rest are ok only the Sponsored links.The language it is set for english.
Many thanks
Tony

ACOLYTE 22:12 13 Jan 2009

Do the links go to foreign sites?,if so they may well open up in there native language.

If they are not try this right click the web page
goto encoding in the list and select Unicode(UTF-8)see if that helps.

peru vacations 22:37 13 Jan 2009

Hi, please help.
I use windows XP and Internet Explorer7. When I search the internet all Sponsored links opens in chinese or a diferent language. The rest are ok only the Sponsored links.
Many thanks
click here

seibar 20:52 15 Jan 2009

Hi Acolyte, thanks for your reply, but it did not hepled. It's strange, it does not mater what language the sponsored sites are only opens in looks like chiness. All others are ok.
Thanks Tony

seibar 12:45 02 Dec 2010

Hi all. i'm having problems opening certain web sites, Google, youTube does not open, please help.
Many thanks Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?