Internet Explorer 7

User-178362 05:08 03 Dec 2006

I updated to Internet Explorer 7 myself. Mistake I would like to get back the original page where it has Favorites at the top. Could you please tell me how and did I make a mistake in updating?

Enoch 05:39 03 Dec 2006

Maybe you should get used to IE7. As I understand Vista's IE will be with IE7 and I imagine, most of the add-om programmes will be biased towards an IE7 installation.

If I was you, I would go to Tools in the tab of IE7, highlight Toolbars then key Favorites and you will the find your list of favourites on the let hand side of your IE7 page

main identity 05:44 03 Dec 2006

i do not think you made a mistake i have been using IE7 beta 2 since august 2006 and think its great.
which version are you using because beta 2 ver 7.0.5346.5IS has favorites at the top

Enoch 05:52 03 Dec 2006

main identity is correct, I have the final version and favourites is on the top along with "File" "Edit"

VoG II 08:19 03 Dec 2006

click here puts the menu at the top of the IE7 window.

User-178362 16:38 03 Dec 2006

VoG click here. I have done this. I now have a dropdown menue ie7 minubar-tweak, with ie7-menuba and Readme,tweak in it, I have double clicked on the blue bar and got, Favorites etc. What do I do about the ie7menba and Readme icon? I am missing spellchecker. Sorry to always go on, but when I read things, they are not as clear as if I was being talked though it.

User-178362 16:52 03 Dec 2006

I have aloud ie into my registry. It is good that when I click on favorits it opens up PCA but I find it is also closing the forum. It is all double Douch to me.

SmartBride Alerts; MotiveSB.exe.Entry Point Not found. the procedure entry point Get ProcessImage File namew could not be located in dynamic link Library PSAP1. DLL. Not sure if this is anything to do with ie7 or my scanner problem.

User-178362 17:07 03 Dec 2006

I have now clicked on the Extract all files and aloud this also clicked on merge, but I see the icon with Extract all files is still at the lift side in the pain bar what ever its called. Even though I am doing this clicking here and there do not know what I am alouging. I will be on and off the forum until Christmas thats if I am haveing probs. As I understand it you like to know when I am on, well there no telling at the moment, bussy work wise. I read where the forum get boring reading the same old probs. I try not to be even if I am a pain.

anskyber 17:18 03 Dec 2006

The Smartbridge issue,

BT and some NTL or Blueyonder broadband users have experienced error message like "SmartBridge Alerts:-Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or MotiveSB.exe for NTL or IST for Blueyonder) Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL"

This relates to the BT ( NTL, Blueyonder) desktop helper. The simplest way to deal with it is to uninstall it if you do not use it or take it out of your start up list. The program name will be something like Motive Communications or Motive SB.

Alternatively, 1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge via My Computer (\Program Files\Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or Motive SBexe. for NTL or IST\SmartBridge for Blueyonder)
2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
3. Reboot the system

The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32 directory and function normally.

To disable a start up program click here
Or, if you have Spybot Search and Destroy use their start up control tool.

User-178362 17:52 03 Dec 2006

SmartBridge In Local Disk (C) Program Files. NTL folder, Broadband medic, SmartBridgeI found psapi.dll and have now renamed it. This is how I found it. Are you telling me to close every thing down and do a Restart. (The end, hopfully) or am I To disable, or If you"""""

anskyber 17:54 03 Dec 2006

Once you have renamed the file simply restart your PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?