Internet Explorer 6, Image Toolbar

Wazzec 21:57 19 Aug 2005

The print function of my Intenet Explorer 6 (IE6)Image Toolbar fails to work. Also, if I right click an image in IE6 and click on "Print Picture" nothing happens. All other functions on the Image Toolbar work OK and I have no other print problems in other applications.

I have searched MS Knowledgebase and posted to MS Newsgroups with finding a solution.

Diodorus Siculus 07:55 22 Aug 2005

click here
How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP

Wazzec 21:46 22 Aug 2005

Thank you Diodorus Siculus for your reply. I was hoping that there was a simpler answer but it seems that as IE6 is imbedded into Windows XP the repair is quite a drastic action to take for such a minor problem.

With that knowledge I think that I will just work around it.

Once again, Thanks

VoG II 21:51 22 Aug 2005

Start, run, type

sfc /scannow

and click OK.

Hardly a 'drastic action'.

Wazzec 10:31 23 Aug 2005

Ah VoG, that certainly doesn't seem drastic but as I read it, sfc /scannow is only for XP, SP1 and I am using SP2 with all of the latest critical updates.

Am I correct or am I missing something?

Wassec

VoG II 10:34 23 Aug 2005
  Wazzec 22:29 23 Aug 2005

After your considerable patience and explanations I have finally run sfc, which asked for my windows CD with no problem, but alas, the original fault still remains. ie. no printing when I select print from the IE6 Image Toolbar.

VoG II 09:39 24 Aug 2005

If you right click an image and select Save Image As does that work and are you given a choice of file formats or just .bmp?

Wazzec 13:03 24 Aug 2005

If I right click, the Save Picture As function works and gives me the choice between .jpg and .bmp formats.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?