internet explorer 6 error message

Newuser3477 17:19 13 Mar 2004

Please can someone help me correct error as reported below,when using Yahoo mail
thanks Peter

"Problems with this Web Page prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly"
Error message
Line 72
Char 32
Error object required
Code 0
URL http//uk.f250.mail.yahoo.com/ym/login?rand=a87net48b8q19

The yahoo mail site appears to work ok except for the fact that I cannot insert addresses from my address book which is extremely annoying.
The fault occurs on another yahoo mail site but not with hotmail.

Diodorus Siculus 22:30 13 Mar 2004

click here
Repair IE

Newuser3477 18:44 14 Mar 2004

Thanks for your suggestion.
I have not been successful trying the repair tools options for IE on the web site you recommended.
In one case the install tool could not find IEXPLORE file on the Windows XP Service Pack 1 which I have.
When I tried the “run” option the rundll32 setupwbv file could not be found. I tried conscientiously to ensure correct case and spaces which appeared in instructions for the long address without success.

Do you have any other ideas.
The problem has arisen since I installed a Zone Alarm firewall but this was a few weeks ago. Have I set a “do not allow cookie” accidentally do you think. The error message also arose on this PC Advisor site a moment ago as soon as clicked the search box with the words Interner Explorer inserted
Any help would be appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017