Internet explorer

muffin1947 07:42 19 Aug 2007

I have been told that I need to open internet explorer to do a certain task but cannot seem to find it anywhere.Do I have to install it first or should it be on my computer allready.I am using XP.

Technotiger 07:45 19 Aug 2007

It is on your PC already - it is part of XP. There should be an icon which is a blue letter 'E' in a thin diagonal circle. Double click on that icon.

Technotiger 07:45 19 Aug 2007

It is on your PC already - it is part of XP. There should be an icon which is a blue letter 'E' in a thin diagonal circle. Double click on that icon.

Technotiger 07:48 19 Aug 2007

Oops, sorry about double post - itchy finger :-)

In the unlikely event that the Internet Explorer is not shown on your desktop, left-click on Start and look for Internet Explorer on the list that shows up.

Failing that, go to Start>Search and type in Internet Explorer to find it. Though I would be very very surprised if you needed to do a search!

muffin1947 09:24 19 Aug 2007

Thanks for the replies guys but I should have said windows explore and not internet explorer.Should windows explorer be on my computer or do I need to install it myself.If so where is the best way to get it .

birdface 10:56 19 Aug 2007

Try, Start, All programs, Accsessories.And scroll down till you get to Windows Explorer.

Rich_B 14:36 19 Aug 2007

If not, press the "Windows" key on your key board and the "E" key at the same time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?