Alienware 17 R4 2017 review
I have windows xp sp2 and internet explorer has worked great until we got spyware on the pc which is now clear. The problem is internet explorer looks weird as in the text and when i use certain websites link buttons on pages dont work or i get the message your browser settings prevent you from automatically redirecting to a new URL.
I have taken internet explorer off and put it back on and still the same fault as the setting are the same
Can anyone help?
VoG™'s link should do the trick for you.However a simple thing to try is:
Tools/Internet Options/Programs/Reset Web Settings.
System File Checker
Click [Start] [Run] and type sfc /scannow in the [Open] box.
(Note that there is a space between sfc and /scannow)
You may need your Windows xp disc.
To repair by reinstalling Internet Explorer
1. From the Start menu, select Search. If you're using the Windows XP Classic Start menu, then select For Files or Folders... .
2. Click All files and folders. Select More Advanced Options and click to place a checkmark beside Search hidden files and folders.
3. Ensure that Search system folders and Search subfolders are also checked.
4. In the "All or part of the file name:" field, enter ie.inf .
5. In the "Look in:" drop-down menu, select C: or the letter of the hard drive that contains the Windows folder. Then click the Search button.
6. In the search results pane, right-click the ie.inf file located in the Windows\Inf folder and select Install.
7. Reboot the computer when the file copy process is complete.
Taken from click here
Hope this helps.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.