internet ex

mkennyd 18:03 27 Aug 2008

dear readers
i've had my pc for a number of years and from day
one have had IE6.
I know that their is a ie7 and an ie8 being released in the upcoming months.
My question is do i need to move up to these upgraded versions? Am i missing out on more available services, or whilst i can get just about everything i need from the web do i need
to move on.
If so, does it cost to download latest versions.
Or is it a free upgrade that comes with the vista package.
Any advice always welcome.
Mike

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:09 27 Aug 2008

Ie7 is a free download but personally I don't think that there is anything earth-shattering in Ie7 and if you are happy with 6 then so be it. You could always download and try IE7 and revert back to 6 if you want to. Ie7 is here.....click here

G

Forum Editor 18:13 27 Aug 2008

if you click here and you can download it free of charge from that location if you choose to upgrade.

Microsoft says that "Internet Explorer 7 is a major step forward in ease of use and security".

You can decide for yourself. I've been using it ever since it was released, and it's very good - it's worth having for the tabbed browsing facility alone.

Many people prefer other browsers, like FireFox for instance, but this isn't the place for a debate about that - you asked about IE7.

mkennyd 18:17 27 Aug 2008

thanks gandolf i'll give it a look but do i have to go through the rigmarole of resetting all my installed options, defaults and the like!

mkennyd 18:21 27 Aug 2008

both editor and gandalf
thanks for your input will give it a go time to move on me thinks
ta
mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?