Internet Error 680

fatalitylord 20:37 07 Dec 2006

hey hope you guys can help im having problems with my internet, it can connect and everything, but it will keep disconnecting now and then usually every 30 mins or so which is a pain in the ass when playing games, i get the error message "Error 680". It will connect again after a few seconds tho. Its only been doing it recently however and tends to be at peak times i.e in the evening. Iv tried a couple of things like checking the network is set to TC/IP or w.e. it is, also tried diabling it and restarting it but seems to keep doing it. Should i re-install maybe?

My ISP is Wanadoo which is now Orange
I have a Speedtouch ADSL 330 Modem

any more info u need, just ask

Jackcoms 20:47 07 Dec 2006
  john-232317 20:56 07 Dec 2006

As its every half hour have they got redial time limit ?

woodchip 21:00 07 Dec 2006
  fatalitylord 21:05 07 Dec 2006

not sure if it has a redial time limit, but before this i could have it connected all day and night,

bluto1 21:15 07 Dec 2006

This looks like a prime candidate for an ISP uninstal followed by a clean instal.
That is if you don`t use Jackcoms or woodchip`s links. I don`t know about Orange so you`d have to check their installation disc, assuming you have one. Best of luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?