Internet disconnections

tman16 12:23 28 Dec 2006

Hi,

For about a year now i have experienced internet disonnections and the dsl light on my BT Voyager 100 turns off then starts reconnecting. BT have tested the line and found no problems and my ISP cant find a problem. I have filters on all my phone sockets so does anyone have any ideas please?

bruno 12:30 28 Dec 2006

It might not be the cure for your problem but it did cure mine.My connection dropped out after a while and it turned out to be switching itself off under Power Management.I went into Network connections/local area connection/properties/general/config/power management/Untick the box where it says"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

bruno 12:32 28 Dec 2006

Another thing which caused me a problem was that I had forgotten to filter my Sky box and one phone in a spare bedroom.

square eyes 12:38 28 Dec 2006

Im having a similar problem right now with my 56k connection,
click here

before resorting to premium rate numbers i was told it's likely to be software conflict which got me thinking... ive just disabled avast anti-virus and its stayed connected now for almost an hour which is the longest now for a couple of days.

In short, try closing down programs that are running, leave the firewall until last as thats important. If you have luck with that then try getting the latest update for that software or change it for another program.

It just might apply to you aswell

good luck!

Meshuga 15:12 28 Dec 2006

@@@

skidzy 15:16 28 Dec 2006

Have you checked for any updated drivers for the Voyager.If you have upped the broadband speed to say something like 8 meg you may need the high speed driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires