Internet Crash

alanstan 16:33 05 Feb 2006

Hi Can you please help me?

I was on the net looking for holidays and had a Microsoft box appear on my screen saying "WARNING Must shut down for Debugging" and then everything locked up, I could not get off line so I had to turn off my PC while still connected, I then got a box come up with the words "IEXPLORE.EXE" on telling me not to shut down untill this or I would lose files,
This then came up with not responding so I pressed end now

But my PC has been acting strange(slowing down) since, I am still quite a novice so some help would be app......Thanks Alan

Wuggy 18:26 05 Feb 2006

In Internet Explorer click on Tools/Internet Options/click on the Advanced tab and in the Browsing section ensure you have a tick in the boxes marked "Disable script debugging(Internet Explorer)" and "Disable script debugging(Other)"

curlylad 19:44 05 Feb 2006

What operating system are you using ?

If its XP then I would run the system file checker for a kick off.To do that click start , then run and in the box type sfc /scannow notice the single space in between the sfc and the / , now click OK and let the utility run itself.

curlylad 19:45 05 Feb 2006

... I meant alanstan not Wuggy !

Riccall One 22:16 05 Feb 2006

I am working with Windows 98 and I have lost the use of the pop up window many internet sites use for further information. I have checked all the tests for Java connection and they seem to be OK. Has any one any suggestion who to repair it. Please

Riccall One 22:19 05 Feb 2006

Sorry I posted this on the wrong one. Should have been a new posting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?