Internet connection won't connect on start up

aident 23:50 06 Sep 2008

Hey I have just moved and since my flat mate has recently bought a laptop we decided to get a wireless/network cable switch, before we just had a switch that used network cables and it worked perfectly, but since we have started using the wireless/network cable switch the internet on his pc is fine, you do the norm, search for wireless networks and he can connect but when I start up my pc in order for me to use the internet I need to go in to IE and click "Diagnose Internet Problems" and that fix's what ever problem there is and restores my internet connection, can anyone out there tell me what this is happening? I am using a Dynalink RTA 1320 router and a Linksys Wireless0G ADSL Home Gateway. I thought at first he issue may have been compatibility, but then I thought if that was the case then my internet wouldn't work at all. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Aiden

ambra4 05:02 09 Sep 2008

Right Click on the wireless icon in the task bar – Click Status – Properties – Click Configure at the

top of display – Click Advanced Tab- see if Auto Connect Mode is Enable

If no Auto connect mode available try the following

Setting – Network Connection – Right Click on the Wireless Network Connection – Properties –

Click Wireless Network Tab – Highlight the SSID name of the network - Click Properties – Click

the Connection Tab – and Tick - Connect When This Network is in Range

ambra4 05:03 09 Sep 2008

Right Click on the wireless icon in the task bar – Click Status – Properties – Click Configure at the

top of display – Click Advanced Tab- see if Auto Connect Mode is Enable

If no Auto connect mode available try the following

Setting – Network Connection – Right Click on the Wireless Network Connection – Properties –

Click Wireless Network Tab – Highlight the SSID name of the network - Click Properties – Click

the Connection Tab – and Tick - Connect When This Network is in Range

ambra4 05:05 09 Sep 2008

Sorry about the double posting internet problems on my side

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Be inspired by powerful National Theatre posters from the past 50 years

How to use the new Photos, Notes and Safari features in macOS High Sierra

Galaxy Note 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie