Internet Connection Sharing and Windows XP - query

Happy37 08:52 09 Apr 2008

Hello everyone

I have been "talking" about my current problem in the Helproom forum, and someone has suggested that I try asking on here as well for some answers:-

Here is the link to my other post:-

click here

Can someone please have a read of this and suggest any answers?

Thanks in advance.

Happy37

Gordon999 13:59 09 Apr 2008

Happy,

I've not used ICS since I moved last year. But before I moved I never had a problem with it.

Not sure how you have your 2nd PC set up ie the one attched to the main PC but I had the IP address configured permanantly on the second PC for example if my mac address on the host PC was 168.0.0.2 I would configure the other as 168.0.0.3 that worked fine for me.

Happy37 14:42 09 Apr 2008

Gordon999

Thanks for your reply.

In response to that, please read the following:-

1. I have asked my IT colleagues at work to test the 2 network patch cables that I use for me earlier today.

1 was good and the other 1 was not...hence I think that was what is or was causing this problem...I will check out another cable and will let you know.

As I have already said in the Helproom forum, and as others have also suggested:-

click here

I am waiting for my router to arrive, and once I have linked that up with my one good network cable as well as a replacement one, I think that things will be good as new to go from there!!!

So, no more ICS as I hope not to need it anymore!!!

I will post back again on the Helproom forum as well as this one to let you know.

Thanks once again for your suggestion, it's much appreciated.

Regards

Happy37

Happy37 07:53 15 Apr 2008

Gordon999 and others

Thanks to all those that replied and tried to help me with this.

This problem is now resolved - the new Netgear router has turned up, I have installed it and configured it to my needs and all is working well on both PCs.

I will mark this post as "Resolved" - thanks to everyone once again...it's much appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Happy37

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?