Internet Connection Sharing disabled.

binkitone 17:44 01 Mar 2003

I have two PC's networked using Windows 98SE, the host connected to ‘blueyonder’ cable broadband internet. This was working well using ‘MS Internet Explorer’ (IE) until suddenly, the ‘Internet Connection Sharing’ for the second PC became disabled. Comparing this PC with the host PC, I checked the following;
1. IE in Tools/Internet Options/Connections - the ‘Local Area Network (LAN) settings - Sharing…’ button was not shown.
2. Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs/Windows Setup/Internet Tools/the Components: Internet Connection Sharing check box was not selected. Selecting produced message; “Internet configuration is not complete. Please install your network hardware before Internet Connection Sharing”.
3. Control Panel/Systems/Device Manager/Network adapters – “This Device is working properly” except the host shows ‘Internet Connection Sharing’?
The LAN cards must be installed, as I do have ‘Network Neighborhood’ functioning? I next tried the ‘Browser Connection Setup Wizard’ file; icsclset.exe’ to reconfigure ‘Internet Connection Sharing’, no joy?
Except for removing the card physically from the second PC, I don’t know what to do next, help please.

howard60 17:50 01 Mar 2003

this could be blocking it. failing that you will have to remove all network devices reboot and start again. from control panel - system - device manager click on network devices and then at the top of the page click on view and then click on show hidden devices - now you should be able to see them all to delete them. reboot and set up again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?