Internet Connection Problem

Ben Avery 09:20 20 Nov 2003

G'day

We have a small problerm here at work and I could do with some advice on it!

We have 5 PC's plugged through a hub and the hub connects to a router. The router then connects to the phone line to supply us with a freeserve broadband connection.

Hub and network are ok but no response from external email or internet.

Have no PC at the mo to recieve replies to this so if you have any ideas please call me on the following number and I'll call you straight back if preferred:

01493 416484

Thanks all

BA

AubreyS 09:22 20 Nov 2003

Sorry, I can't help you with your problem but it is NOT a good idea to put your phone number on display.

Ben Avery 17:24 20 Nov 2003

OK, just so that you know for the future...

This is a BUSINESS phone number and if anybody wanted to find it is is readily posted across the internet and also in phone directories/directory enquirys so I've really got no reason to worry about it being on here too.

If you read my post, you will see that, as we had no internet at all, responding via the forum was no help to me (I had to jump on a PC belonging to the company above us just to post the thread!) therefore a phone number was the best option available.

I have been contacted by a PCA forum member before and he helped me more than I can say.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else and would never put my personal or mobile number on here - but a business number is no different than giving out my website address (which incidentally is also on here several times!)

ANYWAY...

...the problem was down to freeserve who have apparently lost all of their servers and have no internet running at all (although it has lasted all day so that's strange).

I will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

BA

AubreyS 18:18 20 Nov 2003

Hi Ben. I'm glad that the problem was sorted quickly for you and it was nothing serious. I used to have a lot of problems with Freeserve. I went to BT Broadband in June and not had one problem... yet! Good luck and I hope you don't get any more trouble. A.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?