Internet connection keeps cutting off HELP

User-3763C736-5DED-4203-B86E62483B62EDF8 11:27 10 Aug 2007

Iam with BT Broadband.
When i surf the internet and check my emails i have no problems.
But when i use certain software the internet connection will just terminste itself for no reason. I cannot even check my emails or search the internet. I will have to switch my router off and then back on again to resolve the problem.
At first I thought it was one off but it is happening more often and with more software.
I did try a piece of software on a pc advisor disc that repaired the conection but i cannot remember the name of the software.
Can anyone help

ambra4 13:20 10 Aug 2007

what software?? we can not help if you do not say

need more information

The software it started with is a email address verfier to check and validate the email addresses of members i have for a registered website.
It started cutting the connection with this software now and again. But it then became more and more often.
Then one day I was uing windows media player and it happened, then when i was using nero burning rom.
But now it is any type or form of software at any time, BT have checked the problem numerous times the line connection is ok.

ambra4 22:23 12 Aug 2007

Check the options in the program that after checking the address that it does not close/drop the connection.If on such option

Uninstalling the software and run for a few days and see if connection still terminate

If system working fine then it the software that is causing the problem.

See if there is a later version and upgrade

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?