internet connection issues

goodideafairy 00:53 23 Jun 2009

my wife has windows vista on her computer and recently her internet stopped working. I have troubleshooted this but have not found a slolution.

The situation...

She uses a wireless router and has conntected to the internet before but two days ago it just stopped working. I checked the activity of the computer and no software or hardware was updated for a few weeks.

Her computer connects to the internet, her msn chat loads and connects to the internet, the anti virus programs connect to the internet, but none of the internet browsers work.

I tried..

1. I ran virus scan and returned nothing

2. I re-installed firefox and internet explorer, both older versions and recent ones.

3.I did away with wireless and directly connetced her computer to the internet

4. both hard line conntected and wirelessly show that IPV 6 has limited connectivity. When diagnosing the connection, no issue returns for the wire connection while the wireless connection shows no connection to the host.

5. I repeated I repeated the steps I numbered 1 and 2 after step 4.

6. I searched the windows homepage for troubleshooting advice and software updates with no luck

any solutions out there or other troubleshooting advice?

Technotiger 07:20 23 Jun 2009

Try a System Restore back to before the problem started.

oldbeefer2 09:25 23 Jun 2009

Or try connecting wirelessly at a WiFi hotspot - this would either elimimate the router, or show that something is amiss with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?