my wife has windows vista on her computer and recently her internet stopped working. I have troubleshooted this but have not found a slolution.
She uses a wireless router and has conntected to the internet before but two days ago it just stopped working. I checked the activity of the computer and no software or hardware was updated for a few weeks.
Her computer connects to the internet, her msn chat loads and connects to the internet, the anti virus programs connect to the internet, but none of the internet browsers work.
1. I ran virus scan and returned nothing
2. I re-installed firefox and internet explorer, both older versions and recent ones.
3.I did away with wireless and directly connetced her computer to the internet
4. both hard line conntected and wirelessly show that IPV 6 has limited connectivity. When diagnosing the connection, no issue returns for the wire connection while the wireless connection shows no connection to the host.
5. I repeated I repeated the steps I numbered 1 and 2 after step 4.
6. I searched the windows homepage for troubleshooting advice and software updates with no luck
any solutions out there or other troubleshooting advice?