Internet connection help

misters 13:26 28 Nov 2009

Hi just recently there my laptop wont connect to the internet i haven't dloaded anything that i can think of yesterday everything was ok but when i tried to go online this morning i just wouldn't connect, i have shut down restarted etc checked cables made sure router was on tried everthing physically but it just wont connect, can someone please suggest a few things for me to try.

It runs windows vista home.

rawprawn 13:39 28 Nov 2009

Obvious I suppose, but have you checked that the wireless enable switch on your laptop has not been inadvertently turned off. It's usually somewhere at the front right hand side.

misters 14:42 28 Nov 2009

Yea its on and i have also tried connect wired.

gigagiggles 15:17 28 Nov 2009

IF you can run windows update, what's the status of your security software, if any?

Halmer 18:02 28 Nov 2009

got a firewall like Zone Alarm that may be blocking it?

birdface 18:09 28 Nov 2009

Try right clicking local Area Connection and press repair and see if it finds any faults.

birdface 18:10 28 Nov 2009

oops sorry ignore last just noticed that you are connected by a router.

misters 15:39 29 Nov 2009

Thanx for all the suggestions but its hard to tru a windows update or anything else online as i cant get connected atall i have even tried a friends router and it still doesnt connected so i'm thinking it must be te laptop itself like a virus of somsort but not being able to get online makes it difficult to check.
Anything else that i can try?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?