internet connection failed

qwesaws 07:46 16 Mar 2006

I get an intermittent fault when I try to connect to the internet it will come up with a message no dail up or something similar,it`s allways the same message but I can`t remember the exact wording.I reported this to my ISP Virgin who went through the whole internet connections again and reset them and after a lot of consideration and checking things their end decided It could be my computer because I have up graded recently with a pci express motherboard and graphics card and processor my op is XP. Suddenly after rebooting several times I was able to connect and at this moment still can,Vigin finally said It could be the USB port and if it happens again to change to a different port bytheway I`m using Broadband.I had a similar problem when I was with Wanadoo only the it was almost continual.
Can anyone help as to what could be wrong my computer man doesn`t believe i`ts the computer, also is there a way I can check the USB ports other than unplugging and plugging,perhaps there is something you can buy to plug into the USB ports to test them.
thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?