Internet connection cuts out.

Robotic_Rob 22:19 10 Apr 2007

Hey,

For some reason my internet connection keeps cutting out. About 4/5 times a night. When i try to log back onto the internet, my computer says that the broadband hub is in use. Ive waited for a few minutes after being disconnected and tried again but it still says the same message. So i cant connect without restarting my machine. It has only just started to do this, this past few weeks. Ive had this broadband hub with the broadband service for a good year or two.

Is some hacker trying to use my ip address to do something naughty? Or is it just a simple setting that will sort this out? Or what, as i havnt a clue whats wrong.

Cheers for any help.

woodchip 22:55 10 Apr 2007

If you use the Router in Wireless Mode it may be someone using it. If you have not Encrypted it

Robotic_Rob 22:59 10 Apr 2007

I dont think it has a wireless mode.

birdface 00:35 11 Apr 2007

You are not using Zone Alarm Firewall are you,There have been problems with that,

Robotic_Rob 22:31 11 Apr 2007

Yeh, when i got a new hdd i installed the latest zone alarm security suite.

:( oh dear

birdface 08:45 12 Apr 2007

Hi ,Last person that had that problem,deleted Zone Alarm,And I think went back to the previous version,I will try and find the thread and post it back on here for you to have a look.

birdface 09:00 12 Apr 2007

click here, Looks like he Deleted Zone Alarm and installed Comodo.Although that worked for him it might not work for you,You could try uninstalling Zone Alarm Running C Cleaner and then reinstalling Zone Alarm just to see if it sorts your problem out,If not then think of moving to another firewall, Just thinking can you turn Zone Alarm off,If it is possible to switch it off and run Windows Firewall temporary to see if it runs any better,Worth a try,

Technotiger 09:11 12 Apr 2007

Hi, what make and model is your broadband hub?

Robotic_Rob 17:29 12 Apr 2007

Ive sorted it now, i think. Zonealarm asked me to review the settings it has made, so i did and i clicked ok without changing anything. And it hasnt done it since.

Technotiger 22:46 12 Apr 2007

OK, hope it stays like that - thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?