internet connection away from home

maginipud 21:40 05 Feb 2006

Hope anyone can help!
i will be working away from home shortly for a few months and wish to take my pc with me. how will i be able to connect to the internet using my account? my pc is wireless enabled if that helps.

ade.h 22:33 05 Feb 2006

Abroad or in the UK?

rmcqua 05:58 06 Feb 2006

Hotels or staying in someone's home?

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:56 06 Feb 2006

If in the UK get a dial up account from Tiscali/wanadoo and you can connect from any phone line. The calls are charged to the owner of the line at local rate. This is what I usually do if the place where I'm staying has no net access.

G

rmcqua 15:04 07 Feb 2006

maginipud
We're still waiting to hear from you so that we can help!

maginipud 20:27 07 Feb 2006

sorry for the delay and thanks for your replies.
i'll be working in hospital accomodation so i'm not sure if a telephone connection will be available, i'm sure there'll be a simple solution to this. I hope!

ade.h 20:32 07 Feb 2006

My Vodafone 3G card would - I think - allow me to use certain foreign 3G and GPRS networks by roaming, as it is quad-band. They vary in price; £200+ if buy one on PAYG, but I recently saw one for much, much less than that on contract. I haven't got a link, but the Vodafone website or a local dealer should have more info about the price plans. Mine was free on PAYG as a special offer.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:36 07 Feb 2006

Failing all else there may be a wireless connection where you are staying or you could use a cybercafe. The Hossie accommodation around here has internet access on it's own computers.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?