internet connection

coubury 17:04 16 Feb 2007

i have 3 pc's running on the same netowrk one via ethernet the other via usb and the other via wireless, i have just about 8 meg broadband speed, now my problem is mine is connected via ethernet but is really slow with browsing pages and downlaoding etc,

i ran a speed test on the bt websidte the result was 8124 downstream speed

but my computer is very slow at loading pages etc even downlaoding of newgroups (which is ment to go as high as your isp will alow) now the fist week when i upgraded everything was fine the pc fast at laoding pages i was getting speeds of 700/800 kb/s downloading,

but now its like 20/30 even off usually fast ftps

is there anything i can do like change setting etc

im not using any firwalls by the way and iv ran a few virus/spyware scans and nothing!

Woolwell 18:24 16 Feb 2007

Is this happening with all 3 PC's coonected to the internet? Try your system with just it connected.

coubury 22:45 16 Feb 2007

it improves abit but not much

woodchip 22:48 16 Feb 2007

Any number of reasons can cause this, Slow loading can just be down to the servers you are accessing, Or the route your ISP takes

coubury 23:01 16 Feb 2007

nah i doubt its the servers it is anything i goto

Dipso 23:19 16 Feb 2007

Do the other PC's get the full speed at the same time? Who's your ISP? You mentioned newsgroup problems...could the ISP be throttling the connection?

coubury 23:26 16 Feb 2007

im with bt

maybe they are throttling it is there any way to find out mate

rohankm 05:58 19 Jan 2008

hi

heres one cool way to get awesome 200 % more browsing speed by changing 3 settings of the browser....its working great for me..check out click here

this should solve ur problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?