Internet Connection

failte02 16:18 15 Sep 2006

I have had to re-install Windows XP Home. Then I went about re-installing my Internet Broadband connection. That went okay. However, as opposed to before, I now find myself having to click on the shortcut to my internet provider, connect and then click upon the Explorer icon to open up my chosen Homepage. Prior to that I was just able to click on the Explorer icon and then a connection box appeared, and I connected. Does anyone know how I can combine the two steps I have now to connect to the Internet to get back what I appear to have lost? I would grateful for any help.

terryf 16:35 15 Sep 2006

How do you connect to internet ie via modem or via router?

ade.h 18:07 15 Sep 2006

If it was via a router, he/she would not be using a shortcut anyway, because you cannot use that method with routers.

failte02 19:57 15 Sep 2006

I have had to re-install Windows XP Home. Then I went about re-installing my Internet Broadband connection. That went okay. However, as opposed to before, I now find myself having to click on the shortcut to my internet provider, connect and then click upon the Explorer icon to open up my chosen Homepage. Prior to that I was just able to click on the Explorer icon and then a connection box appeared, and I connected. Does anyone know how I can combine the two steps I have now to connect to the Internet to get back what I appear to have lost? I am using an external USB Modem with a cable to a phone filter. I would grateful for any help.

ade.h 20:02 15 Sep 2006

Copying and pasting your opening post is not exactly going to have us all rushing to help.

terryf 20:05 15 Sep 2006

Did your b'band provider not provide you with a CD or written instructions on how to set up your connection, my ISP even has full instructions on their website and I have seen similar instructions on other ISP's. I don't understand why you don't repeat your original method. Go to your ISP website (you have access to the web) and download or copy the instructions from there or worst case (unless it is talktalk) ring the help line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?