Internet Conection Auto Connecting On It's Own.

redbarron 08:29 07 Jun 2007

Why does my internet connection keep auto starting?

I have disabled everthing in 'Startup' to try to find out what program is causing it,but it still auoto connects.

Could it be linked with the problem I am also having at the moment with malware, which is also driving me mad?

birdface 08:42 07 Jun 2007

I think most computers when started automatically connect to the internet,I know mine does,I use cable broadband ,I take it you are on dial up.If so I would imagine that if you go into Internet options Connections,And dot never dial a connection,Apply ,Ok, That may work for you.

birdface 08:47 07 Jun 2007

.if problems with Malware try downloading A Squared and up-date it before running any scans,Even better run all your scans in safe mode,[Just keep tapping F8 when computer starts].And delete anything found,Then run C Cleaner just to get rid of anything else that should not be there.

birdface 08:52 07 Jun 2007

Oops sorry just read your other thread and it looks as though you have tried other Spyware programs with no success,maybe someone else will be able to suggest something else that may work.

redbarron 15:33 07 Jun 2007

Never had a problem before until recently.

Always been setup so I just click on either Outlook Express or Explorer to connect. Now it connects straight away on it's own upon boot up.

It feels like someone is almost taking control of my PC.

birdface 15:49 07 Jun 2007

When it starts up go into Task Manager,processes,Under CPU what programs do you have running.And what program does it connect to at start up.

redbarron 15:57 07 Jun 2007

Where do I find 'task manager'?

It doesn't connect to any programs upon start up. That is what I was originally hoping for so I would at least know what i was dealing with.

Jackcoms 15:59 07 Jun 2007

"Where do I find 'task manager'?"

Press Ctrl; Alt; Delete simultaneously

redbarron 16:09 07 Jun 2007

Thanks for that.

redbarron 16:11 07 Jun 2007

There are loads running. Far too many to write down. I was hoping to copy/paste all of them into a message for you to look at, but it won't let me do that.

Are there any particular programs I should be looking for?

birdface 18:18 07 Jun 2007

Click on Processes ,And underneath CPU,As long as you are not running anything,System Idle process should be showing about 97 .If anything else running let us know how much it is using.Anything over 20%.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone