Internet Cleanup

RKMonty 19:55 05 Feb 2004

Can anyone recommend a Internet Cleanup facility that clears your Internet activity, history and files.

Have been told that Complete Internet Cleanup Pro or Window Washer 5 are good products.

Any views or comments appreciated.

hugh-265156 20:14 05 Feb 2004
  Chris the Ancient 21:12 05 Feb 2004

I use WindowWasher

What I like is its ability to be selective according to my desires. I can keep/discard cookies etc. as wanted. Only disadvantage I have found is the MS Office clean up resets ALL options (measurements, envelope layout, user data etc>) so I ended up disabling that bit.

It also takes out, automatically, a lot of the things that AdAware would highlight.

May be imagination, but it seems to make defragging quicker?

I've always had replies to any e-mails to the vendor within a reasonable space of time.

Cost a bit, but it's never let me down.

Chris

smegs 21:21 05 Feb 2004

Got to agree with Chris the Ancient. Mail washer was on a disk on PCA mag a couple of months ago. I will have a look and I'll email you so you can email me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

RKMonty 22:03 05 Feb 2004

Smegs

have just located a copy of Mail Washer forgot I had a disk copy. Thanks for reply.

smegs 22:04 05 Feb 2004

RKMonty, OK.

Belatucadrus 22:29 05 Feb 2004
  woodchip 22:33 05 Feb 2004

MailWasher and Windows Washer are two different programs MailWasher is only for E-Mail

Chris the Ancient 23:28 05 Feb 2004

Before I go to bed...

WindowWasher (not Mail) at

click here

Chris

smegs 23:31 05 Feb 2004

Woodchip, sorry for that. Just noticed what Ur on about.

joelmb 02:50 06 Feb 2004

When updating web pages I find windows caching of images and html docs can be a pain when trying to view updates....

On Win XP, I simply have a short-cut on my desktop to Local Settings (C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings) which when needed I just go in and swiftly delete it's sub folder's contents. Although doesnt clean recent docs or others that you might need, needs no installing of new software! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?