Internet cafe!!?

kat2 02:26 31 Oct 2006

Hi..I was hoping someone would be able to help me. I want to set up three computers (potentially more is successful!) to be used as an internet cafe type service BUT I do not know how to do this. All I have at the moment is an internet broadband access point. I need to know what I need to buy like cables or networking gadgets etc..and how it can be set up with one main computer controlling the access for the other computers..like when you go to other cafes. Please advise if you can and also what type of computers and gadgets I would need to buy..Thx

terryf 05:18 31 Oct 2006

Do a google search for'how to set up an internet cafe' , this comes up with lots of hits but you should realize that you also need to know how to set up and run a business

Mike D 08:16 31 Oct 2006

Speak to youor abnk, they will have Business Opportunity Profiles and Business Information Factsheets for you to read. Also worth speaking to your local Business Link, you will get advice, you may also get financial help. But as Terry F says there is a lot more to running a business than meets the eye. It's easy to "fall" into business, but it's a damn sight easier to fall out. Remember, that as a new business, whether as a sole trader ot limited company, YOU will be personally responsible for all mthe debts and liabilities of the business. Put bluntly, if it goes down the pan, it could be your house and any other assets that you may have to pay the business debts.

Mike

Mike D 08:16 31 Oct 2006

Or even speak to your bank!

LOL

wee eddie 08:27 31 Oct 2006

However, I will not. I will say just this!

If you are planning to start a business:

Be prepared to work, 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the first 2 years.

Be prepared to borrow all the money you can and more, and mortgage your house to guarantee those loans.

Be prepared to find a site that is easy to access and that has adjacent car parking that is inexpensive. Remember that no-one is going to go out of their way to visit you.

Be prepared to be there when you open in the morning and still be there when you close in the evening.

Finally remember that the only person on the Payroll who charges no wages is yourself. So you will have to do all the bum jobs.

Good luck: It can be hard work but very rewarding. I ran a small Café Restaurant for, just short of, 25 years. I loved it. Great fun. Hard work. No holidays for several years. Good years and bad years. Over the whole period I would probably have made more money working for someone else but, given the chance, I do it all again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone