Internet cable

  jim63 08:29 21 Aug 2007

Which type of cable would I use from the tel socket to laptop other than a tel ext cable.

  Technotiger 08:41 21 Aug 2007

How are you connecting to Internet? Via Broadband or Dial-up?

Dial-up to laptop with built-in modem:- use a normal telephone cable.

Broadband via a Router:- use a Filter/Splitter in the telephone socket, and from the filter a telephone cable to Router and Ethernet cable from Router to Laptop. Normal telephone connected to phone-side of Filter.

If more than one telephone in house, then Filter/Splitter needed for each telephone.

  jim63 12:29 21 Aug 2007

It is BB via a router and its Virgin. Using a splitter and tel cable but connection is forever dropping and was wondering if it was the long tel cable that was the cause. Just a thought I have a telephone connected with router on my desktop in another room which makes 2 telephones.Would I need a splitter on that one as well.

  Technotiger 14:00 21 Aug 2007

Each telephone Must have a splitter.

  jim63 14:49 21 Aug 2007

Many thanks

  woodchip 15:47 21 Aug 2007

My extention Cable in the House is a Made up one about 150 foot long on BB no problems. But you do need a Spliter on all Phones and the Computer end

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?