Internet Browsers

XFX 12:44 21 Sep 2003

What are your thoughts on Netscape as an Internet browser? At present I am trying out Avent Browser it's ok, faster than I.E.

I was going to try Netscape, but thought I'd best check with the experts amoung you first.

So what's the verdict?

Cheers.

powerless 12:46 21 Sep 2003

I prefer MSIE - It does everything i need it to do!

Just wait till Pesela (spelling) see this she will tell you about opera ;-)

expertec 12:48 21 Sep 2003
  MAJ 12:52 21 Sep 2003

I have Opera, Netscape and Mozilla installed but I always end up using IE, it works well is fast enough and easily set up. As Powerless says, it does all I want it to do, there's nothing in the others that would make me switch.

Buachail Mór 12:53 21 Sep 2003

Have a look at Mozilla click here - it has the core of Netscape without all the junk that AOL has added to Netscape.

steve0 13:00 21 Sep 2003

I use both Opera 7 and IE6. Used to use Opera more than IE, until Google bar stops pop ups in IE - brilliant - not much point in Opera now. One thing that Opera sometimes gets wrong are font sizes - often too small. Also some multimedia doesn't work in Opera.

leo49 13:04 21 Sep 2003

:o) - Lord, spare us.....

-pops- 13:14 21 Sep 2003

Best thing is to try it. If you don't like it, forget it. You haven't lost anything.

Linus Tourvalds 13:19 21 Sep 2003

Mozilla firebird click here

by far the best

lenc 13:24 21 Sep 2003

Tabbed pages within a single window are the only way to browse. IE doesn't provide this. Opera, which I use, does, as do many alternatives to IE. Also, IE is a target for attacks that others are not.

To Steve0 re: fonts. Opera is totally flexible on the size. (I sometimes invoke a change accidently.) Control+mouse wheel makes things smaller or larger. For everything you can do by mouse, amazing stuff, see Help->Mouse(->Gestures).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?