Internet Browser just hangs and won't open pages

freakuno 19:03 29 Dec 2008

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1. My firewall is Zone Alarm (the free version). My anti virus is Avast. I'm using a Netgear router.

My problem is that, out of the blue, my internet browser just hangs or won't open up any pages. This happens with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. The only way I can get my internet to work again is by shutting down and restarting. I'm using Network Magic to manage the computers on the network and it's status says that my computer is connected to the internet, even though I cannot open any pages. When I close Firefox or Internet Explorer and try to reopen them again, nothing happens, although they show up in the Processes Tab.

Any advice and help appreciated as it's driving me insane. My husband's laptop doesn't have this problem. Mine is relatively new and hasn't had a lot of use. I've done the usual virus and spyware scans but nothing has been revealed.

Thanks in advance!

brundle 19:07 29 Dec 2008

First thing to try is to remove ZA temporarily (just disabling it may not be enough if it's actually the cause of the problem), or at least ensure you are using the latest version. click here

freakuno 13:46 30 Dec 2008

Thanks for that. In any event, I have completely removed ZA and am now using Comodo. So far so good!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires