Internet Boosting software for OnLive

BearHead 23:17 20 Dec 2010

Hi, I've been trying all sorts of internet boosting programs in the past couple of weeks, some of them worked, some didn't but they only seem to work with browsers only and not other application. I have a 1Mbps connection and TurboSpeed app made it 20 Mbps in IE according to speedtest.net - now if I had that on my OnLive application - they could finnaly let me get into the service. Anybody have any ideas/suggestions on non-browser/general internet speed boosting software? Thanks!

mgmcc 09:20 21 Dec 2010

The only way to "boost" your internet download speed is by using software that compresses the data. You cannot increase the *actual* speed of the internet connection. This type of software has varying degrees of success depending on what you're downloading. Data that isn't already compressed may download more quickly; files such as .ZIP and .JPG which are already compressed won't download any faster.

"Onspeed" was quite popular for use with dialup connections and they do have a version for broadband which might be worth a try. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone