Internet on the blink!!

lonemascot 18:16 02 May 2008

I had problems with my phone line recently. The DSL status on my wireless router went out completely. I phoned my service provider (talktalk) and after a few days the light came back on.

However, since then my internet connection is sometimes very very slow or not even on at all (even though the DSL status light is on). At other times it works fine.

I have reset the router and reconfigured WEP settings etc. My computer connects to the wireless router fine but it has trouble with keeping a stable connection.

Any ideas as to why this could be?

Cheers

Fried~Chips 23:51 02 May 2008

router to the phone socket ? Are your pluggin it straight into a wall socket which is wall fitted or a temp extention lead ?

If its a wall socket and no person has been messing with it then it should be ok but first thing first, how do you connect the cable ?

jimbob61 14:59 03 May 2008

i am with talk talk as well and had a similar prob, my connection to the exchange was ropy, and would go down on ocasion. I asked TT to check out the line and they discuvered a fault on the line. I suggest to get TT to check out the line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?