Internet Antivirus Programme by Microsoft..!!

Chrisann 20:59 14 Apr 2009

Can anyone help. I seem to have acquired this programme which appeared on my laptop today...It tells me that I am badly infected with everything...I did a complete sweep with 2 Antivirus programmes which I have and my laptop was o.k. It is now overtaking the computer...won't let me do anything...just keeps telling me to download its software to rid me of these viruses. I have had to turn the laptop off as I can't do anything..it is very scary.

I don't know where it came from...I hve tried several ways to get rid of it...with friends advice but to no avail..

Anyone any advice please. and do you know what it is and how I have acquired it..?

Many thanks.

Chrisann

VoG II 21:03 14 Apr 2009

Try the free version click here

baldydave 21:04 14 Apr 2009

Hi,
Is that the full name of the offending programme,as it sounds if you might have malware.
Download this /install /pick update then run full scan
click here
This is a recommended program on this forum

Chrisann 21:34 14 Apr 2009

Thanks..but I have tried to download this and another programme to get rid of this..but as soon as I go to download the software the offending programme comes up and freeezes up the screen...Its as if it won't let me go anywhere..very spooky...I just can't get anywhere. And if everytime I try to get rid of it...it just opens up its own page..freezes and thats it..nothing....Never had anything like this before on either of my comps...

Help!!!

Chrisann.

baldydave 21:42 14 Apr 2009

the malware will block or try to block its removal or antivirus updates.Download malwarebytes on another pc/rename it(right click /rename)this is because the malware is programed to block programs that remove it/put this onto cdr (burn to cd)/put in cd rom then double click to run

baldydave 21:47 14 Apr 2009

Another note disconnect the pc from the internet so it cannot update/download more malware as it is designed to say you have problems on your pc which you know is not true, then it takes you to a dodgy web page/website

Chrisann 21:49 14 Apr 2009

baldydave..Thanks I will open the laptop tomorrow and give it a try...Hope it works..Will see..

Thanks for now...will let you know.

Chrisann.

provider 2 21:51 14 Apr 2009

"I did a complete sweep with 2 Antivirus programmes which I have and my laptop was ok"

Two antivirus programs on the same machine is not good. They will inevitably interfere with each other.

As well as a possible infection you probably have a major conflict going on.

What does Task Manager say is going on?

brundle 21:54 14 Apr 2009

You can download and install the latest definitions to burn to CD/put on flash drive;

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware; click here
Definitions; click here
Detection list for reference; click here

SuperAntispyware; click here
Definitions; click here

On the problem PC - start in safe mode or using Last Known Good Configuration if it won't boot at all; click here . Disconnect your machine from the internet.

Run the antispyware installer(s) but choose not run the actual program immediately. Run the definitions file to update the definitions. Then run the program(s) and do full scans.

Chrisann 13:50 15 Apr 2009

Morning...Well I turned on the laptop this morning and it immediately went to the Blue Screen with loads of writing on..most of which I don't understand...but it basically said that Windows was shutting down...it didn't really start up...It then completely froze..nothing....So I did an emergency shut down...It won't let me do anything at all.from turnoing on.

This to me sounds serious now...I am no techie expert...Any advice..Should I seek professional help. I don't want to do anything that may lose me my work...but it doesn't look good to me..

Chrisann

Belatucadrus 14:07 15 Apr 2009

A couple of interesting alternatives are:-
Dr Web LiveCD click here
&
Avira AntiVir Rescue System click here
Both run from a bootable CD that you'll need to burn, thus circumventing any malware embedded in your Windows installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?