internet activation

rupie 01:11 30 Jul 2006

I have set up a network, which uses a 3com wireless router. the adsl connects direct into the modem on it (BT helped set this up all the way from their call centre in india !!!!!!!!!) Anyway I have 2 pc connected by cable and 1 wirelessly. The issue I have is that if I want to connect to the internet then if the pc I used to configure the router has not inisialized a new connection the only way to get the others on line is to log on to the router and connect manually. If i have an internet connection then any pc apart from the 1 used can be turned off.I have not set anything as a server and so the router should treat all pcs the same Help>

FelixTCat 09:46 30 Jul 2006

rupie,

I'm not sure what you mean by: "uses a 3com wireless router. the adsl connects direct into the modem on it

However, the router should connect when you switch it (the router) on. Go into the router's setup pages and you will find that one of the options is "Always On", as opposed to "On Demand" or something similar. Tick the Always On option, save and log out.

Regards,

Felix

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?