Internet Access

chestnutcake 11:33 07 Sep 2010

Seeking help yet again, this time for a problem with Internet Connection. I have a Touchsmart Desktop with W7 and a Belkin N Router. Both work fine without any problems, all lights lit up on the Router. I also have a HP Laaptop with Vista Home Premium and an Apple iPod Touch 32GB. For some strange reason, I cannot get Internet access on either of the laptop or the iPod. With the ipod, similar messages each time I try to connect -
Network Error - The Internet Connection seems to be Off-Line or
Can not connect to the Network right now. Please quit and try again later.

With the laptop, it says I am connected to my Belkin then sometimes it mentions limited access and it also says Full Strength.

Previously I have not had any trouble.

Anyone any ideas please?

chestnutcake 16:13 07 Sep 2010

Further to my post earlier today, 07/09 at approximately 11.30am just had a thought. The last time I went online with my laptop was last Saturday when I synced some apps to my iPod. Both worked O.K but since then, neither will connect to the internet,just wondered if this is co-incidental - such a strange situation.

Hoping someone can come up with a way to resolve the problem.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:40 07 Sep 2010

Reset the security key in both machines.
Check the routers MAC address filtering if used.

chestnutcake 19:45 07 Sep 2010

Hi Fruit Bat

So relieved to get your reply, not that I can at this moment, reset security keys. I did not know there were any. Ditto with the Belkin, not sure what a MAC filtering address is. However, tomorrow I am going to ask someone who is competent to carry out your suggestions.

Thanks so much for your help - I very much appreciate this.

chestnutcake 11:41 08 Sep 2010

Hi again Fruit Bat
Decided to ask Apple Support for help re the security keys. Was holding on for about 45 minutes waiting my turn but it was worth it because I was talked through re-setting the router and now I have got actual Internet. The only thing is some Apps still won't come on, ie Google Earth but most will respond. It was very peculiar problem because the connected icon was showing on my iPod and there was a tick by my network provider, but clicking on the Apps said no connection available. Whatever, hope the next time syncing takes place that the same thing does not happen again.

Big thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone