internet

picklesy 08:52 23 May 2004

i am trying to help a young neighbor with a problem.his problem is when he connects to the internet the pages don,t load,he has xp home,bt broadband.it says he is connected but there is no pages on monitor.when he goes to the search bar types a site in it says after a while that it has found the web site but there is nothing on his screen.i tried a system restore it would not restore to an earlier point,checked all his connections,then we put recovery disc in and reset to factory settings,still the same.as i don,t have much knowledge of pc,s could some one please help.iwon,t be able to get back to him till after 4pm as the young lad is workiing.could you please keep replis simple or explain in easy ways to check things out.thanks.

MichelleC 09:15 23 May 2004

Need to know how he connects - modem, router, and any firewall. Has he always had this prob?

Diodorus Siculus 09:26 23 May 2004

Further to MichelleC, try a repair of IE: click here

picklesy 09:45 23 May 2004

modem,did have zone alarm took it out temp.when we reset pc.

picklesy 09:50 23 May 2004

looked at link appears you need xp disc,he only got floppy to reset pc to factory settings.he,s got packard bell pc.sorry that,s about as much as i know just now,won,t be able to check anything else till after 4pm.

picklesy 13:26 23 May 2004

sorry looked at link again will copy info and try when he gets home.many thanks.

picklesy 06:21 26 May 2004

finally resolved,boy,s dad had set up his pc a while back.bt b/b comes with 2cd,s,after 3day,s of searching and trying different things the lad came accross the other cd.installed now he is up and running again,bt help line was a total waste of time,it was well explained to them that we were not sure how to set it up,i am with aol and it,s only 1 cd.i dread to think what there phone bill will be.anyway thought i had better post in the hope this will help others.thanks for all for trying to help with this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?