Interner Explorer 7 Problems

Sirpad 21:56 24 Nov 2006

HELP! I recently downloaded IE7 and have been having many various problems. Sometimes I cant even open IE and I keep getting errors that eventually close whatever site I'm on.

How can I safely go back to IE6 without having to do a restore. I use this machine for a small business and would lose a lot if I had to restore from the other day.

postie24 22:05 24 Nov 2006

Uninstall ie 7 from add and remove,reboot, and ie 6 will be restored automatically

Sirpad 03:02 25 Nov 2006

Thanks Postie24....would uninstalling using CCLeaner have the same affect? I don't see IE6 anywhere....are you positive it will be restored if I get rid of IE7?

postie24 11:39 25 Nov 2006

No need to uninstall ccleaner.Yes im sure ie 6 will be restored.Make a restore point before you uninstall ie 7,at least then if you have any probs you can just restore to that point without losing any previous data.

acsmanhtml12 15:31 25 Nov 2006

or download MultipleIE

Sirpad 22:59 30 Nov 2006

Can I safely Uninstall IE7 'using' CCleaner and if I did would I automatically get IE6 back.

Either way I uninstall it how is IE6 automatically restored after I boot? Is this a given? Sorry to sound like a disbeliever...just being cautious.

terryf 23:25 30 Nov 2006

I wouldn't use ccleaner to un-install when windows will do it just as well.

anskyber 10:21 01 Dec 2006

terryf is right. just use add/remove programs and it will roll back to IE6. I am with IE7 now but I did do an uninstall right at the beginning and IE6 appeared.

But, consider this, Microsoft say

"If you are having problems with Internet Explorer 7 hanging, crashing, silently closing or other bizarre behaviour, an incompatible tool bar or other add-on maybe involved. The fastest way to determine if an add-on is causing the problem is to run Internet Explorer 7 with no add-ons. You can do this by going to Start, clicking All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and click Internet Explorer (No add-ons). This disables all add-ons from loading in that instance of Internet Explorer. If the problem goes away, you can manually disable specific add-ons to find the specific one causing the problem. Below are instructions on how to manually disable a specific tool bar and a list of known incompatible tool bars that can cause serious issues with Internet Explorer 7.

To disable a tool bar open Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

In Windows, click the Start button.
Click All Programs.
Click Accessories.
Click System Tools and then click Internet Explorer (No add-ons).
Once you determine the tool bar causing the issue, you should uninstall the tool bar through Add or Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel and then check the tool bar’s website for an updated version.2

This solution has worked for many people.

Sirpad 11:31 02 Dec 2006

Thanks guys. Have started running IE with no add-ons and will see what gives. Some of the apps I run 'need' add-ons so as you say I'll wait and see which ones give me the problem. Will report back later....

wee eddie 16:40 03 Dec 2006

Have a butchers at this one and relax a little.
click here

If I'm right it'll only take a week or so to settle in!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone