internal error codes-posted by laddo

laddo 20:04 02 Apr 2006

when trying to install software-get internal error code 2909,if i try to clear,i get another saying internal error but 2908,have tried re-install,and opening on desktop,also tried changing setting in common files [serif advice]because of another code1607 installshield scripting runtime error.any ideas please?.thanks laddy

Aze 22:22 02 Apr 2006

Is the error code specific to the software you are trying to install or windows? Have you tried looking on the MSKB?

skidzy 22:28 02 Apr 2006

click here

Not the same error codes,but maybe the source behind your problem Laddo

skidzy 22:32 02 Apr 2006

What is the software you are trying to install ?

skidzy 22:36 02 Apr 2006

Follow the error codes and you may have a solution.
click here

laddo 16:53 03 Apr 2006

the problem may be that i have been unfortunate to get two faulty discs in same package[i hope],they were part of serif movie plus 4 ,they have been very good,and helpful,i have received one replacement[this worked] and am waiting for the other replacement.but thanks to your help and advice,i now have an idea where to start if it is a computer problem-as all the codes are related to the registry-but hopefully i might not need to go any further,i,ll put an update when i get other disc.thanks again-laddo

skidzy 18:17 03 Apr 2006

Well done Laddo for posting your solution,this may help others in the future.

Dont forget when you are totally satisfied with the solution to your problem...please tick resolved.
This helps tidy up our postings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?