Interface Not Registered message using Word email

Flopper 18:16 13 Jan 2006

When using MS Office Word 2003 as my email editor which I have done for years with no ill effects I am suddenly getting a pop up dialogue box in the middle of the email when I press Send which says (on the top in the blue border) 'Microsoft Office Word' and in the grey box 'Interface Not Registered'.
I can send plain emails using Outlook if I untick the 'Using MS Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages' in Outlook/Tools/Options/Mail Format.
The only change has been my attempting to upgrade my McAfee antivirus package which I was careful to do while disconnected from the net. However, after running a full scan, I had collected two viruses, not necessarily at this time, both low risk, which surprises me as I had what I thought was a good setup with my Antivirus being updated almost daily and my PC protected by 2 Firewalls, one within the Router.
Unfortunately I deleted them both before I noted what they were. I am not sure if they could have been responsible. At least one was a worm.
I have tried repairing the installation of Office and also reinstalled it but no change.
I appreciate not being able to use Word to edit emails is not the end of the world buthas anybody any suggestions?

VoG II 18:47 13 Jan 2006

1. Click Start, click Run, type the following command in the Open box, and then click OK:

Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll

2. In the RegSvr32 dialog box, click OK.

Flopper 19:09 13 Jan 2006

That worked.
I want to have your babies !!
What happened, was it something I or a virus had done?

VoG II 20:20 13 Jan 2006

Who knows how these things happen? At least it is sorted.

Tick?

Flopper 21:24 13 Jan 2006

Thanx anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?