interested in a sound card

Wizz198303 00:46 14 Apr 2004

Hi, all i have are two speakers that came standard with the comp i got, but mainly use headphones. im considering buying a sound card to do recording on but if i can get one that makes me hear things iv never heard before whilst gaming thatll be a bonus...

all in all im looking for something cheap that isnt sh*t but isnt the dogs b*ll*cks either.

If anyone can point me in the right direction il be grateful thanx

Gaz 25 00:50 14 Apr 2004

Hi mate,

Then I am sure a creative card, any type that suits your budget should do the trick.

click here have some good deals.

Look at the LIVE cards, audigys are even better.

Wizz198303 02:17 14 Apr 2004

Audigys sound great i was just readin up on it from customer reviews from other websites after you recommended it to me. Problem is they say motherboards with a VIA bus (i.e all AMD motherboards have it so iv read so does mine iv checked that too) have an incompatibility issue, either that or its the graphic cards.

So i looked a lil more and found a Philips Sonic Edge sound card for only £28.99 looked around on other websites and it seems to be the cheapest buy too. Im lazy and havent checked around the shops but im not gonna quibble over a couple of quid here and there so i bought it just 5 seconds ago and should be getting it monday and chosing the "super-saver" option 28 quid is all im paying, thank you amazon.

Cheers for the help il tell you if what i bought was well worth the money or not, cya.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone