Intercleanup

Somaht 14:08 21 Feb 2005

I have installed intercleanup. Can anyone tell me please if deleted info. can be recovered

Diodorus Siculus 15:13 21 Feb 2005

Probably but it depends on how much trouble someone wants to go to in order to recover it.

Try a program like eraser from click here to wipe the disk if you are concerned.

Generally speaking, once the PC has been used a bit any deleted data is overwritten anyway.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:18 21 Feb 2005

'Can anyone tell me please if deleted info. can be recovered'....it depends on how paranoid/careful you are. Merely deleting a file will render it incapable of being seen or recovered by most people on the planet. Using a programme like Ccleaner will delte virtually all internet usage.

If you want to be ultra picky and dedicated deleted data can be reconstructed even after reformatting a disk up to 8 times and can easily be reclaimed after using most of the eraser programmes that are about. The programmes that do this are hugely expensive (£7500 when I last looked) and are usually used by Plod, spooks and the like. Unless you are well dodgy there is no need to use an erase programme; Ccleaner or the one you use will be more than enough.

G

rawprawn 17:25 21 Feb 2005

Just to show you what can be done with a free program click here Download and run, you may be suprised.

curlylad 00:18 24 Feb 2005

Nice tool mate , pardon the pun !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?