Intellimouse LED stays on after power down

old_codger 17:14 12 Oct 2009

I've have just upgraded my mouse to a 5-button Microsoft Intellimouse that utilizes a Red LED. I use the USB to PS/2 converter and I have noted that after closing down normally, the LED still remains on. However, it doesn't come straight away on power-up, it comes on during boot up.

The system is Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo 600 with a Gigabyte GA-8S GXL-FS2 M/B, and Intel Celeron 2.3 GHz CPU, and 2 Gb of RAM. Software is XP Pro with SP3.

Does anybody know if there are any settings I can change to stop LED?

woodchip 17:18 12 Oct 2009

does it go out if you switch mains off?

woodchip 17:19 12 Oct 2009

If its in a recharge cradle it will stay on if power is still on

old_codger 17:26 12 Oct 2009

Yes, switching off the mains to PSU is the only way to kill it, but as I said, when system is first switched on it remains off until boot up is in progress.

PS as I mentioned, it is plugged into PS/2 socket, i.e. wired mouse, not re-chargeable wireless with charging cradle.

woodchip 17:32 12 Oct 2009

The reason is that when you turn Computer off with Shut Down Command it does not kill Power to the Motherboard, and when you boot it by pressing the start button it just starts the mobo off. Hence power to mouse when you boot it. Thats why if you fit any Hardware, Simply turning the PC off with Shut down command to install hardware is just asking for trouble and a blown mobo.

On your Motherboard you may have a Green Led Light to warn that power is still on

citadel 18:52 12 Oct 2009

mine stays lit the same way also light on asus motherboard. I always shut off the power at the mains overnight and while im at work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?