Intel Webcam - create and share software for XP

StanH 16:55 11 Aug 2008

I have just resurrected an old Intel CS110 webcam, but on attempting to install it I find that the instalation disc I have is suitable only for 98 and back, and Intel have abandoned any support.
I THINK I have the driver installed but cannot find anywhere to download the software for XP.
Has anyone else had this problem, and any help in overcoming it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

NewestRoyWidd1 16:58 11 Aug 2008

Is this of any use?click here

StanH 17:52 11 Aug 2008

Thanks - Have tried that but unfortunately the download just hangs, and the external mirror site says not found

NewestRoyWidd1 23:44 11 Aug 2008

My apologies StanH,it was from Google in the hope it would give you a starting point before other more knowledgable members posted their ideas.

StanH 06:57 12 Aug 2008

Thanks for your effort - I should have said I have spent several hours fossicking for this, with no success, so was hopng someone might already know the answer

jolorna 07:31 12 Aug 2008

does xp not find your cam at all even with a few items missing, that you would need to find on the cd, if not then it won't run at all

StanH 07:36 12 Aug 2008

Afraid not, jolorna, it is a quite old cam and the software on disc will only respond to 98 and earlier.
I have found pages and pages on this subject but no solution.
As I said, I think I have a driver installed but it is the Create and Share software that I need

Technotiger 07:46 12 Aug 2008

You cannot traditionally run the set-up file. Instead, Copy and paste the contents of the software cd to the HD. Then plug in the camera and the OS finds the new hardware and loads the driver. Since the software is in the HD, the camera works. I just used it with my Skype acct.
Dave

StanH 07:49 12 Aug 2008

Thanks - will see if I can do that and will post result - one way or another

StanH 08:21 12 Aug 2008

Well, that sort of worked - still unable to install the Create and Share software but the camera is now recognised and useable with the XP Scanner and Camera Wizard.
Thank you all - a workable solution

Technotiger 08:38 12 Aug 2008

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?